City of Leipzig Resident Services Offices
Since January 1999, the City of Leipzig has provided a network of Resident Services Offices, conveniently located throughout the city, where residents can use many important services.
No matter where in Leipzig you live, you may visit any of the fifteen branch locations, where you will be able to take care of necessary formalities and obtain knowledgeable advice. You will find an overview of the locations and office hours here.
If you have questions about our services, please call the telephone help line at +49 (0) 341 123-0. Representatives are available to assist you Monday-Friday from 7:30am to 6:00pm.
Avoid Waiting Time!
To help you avoid unnecessary waiting time, online appointment requests are available for certain services. The appointments are held during regular business hours.
Services Offered by the Resident Services Offices
At Resident Services Offices, you can obtain:
- temporary identification cards and passports
- passports for children
- registration and residence permit forms
- civil registry information
- official certifications
- the "Declaration of Obligations in Accordance with Section 68 of the Residence Act"
- the City of Leipzig's "Leipzig-Passport"
- residential parking permits
- campfire permits
- tokens for bulk trash, electronic waste and green waste
- garbage bags for non-recyclable waste and garden refuse
- the current rent table
- holiday passes for children and youth
- discounted holiday passes in conjunction with the "Leipzig-Passport"
- the Free State of Saxony's "Family Pass"
At Resident Services Offices, you can:
- register a new address or change your address within Leipzig
- cancel a registered address, when relocating outside of Leipzig
- submit, change or cancel a trade/business registration
- request non-disclosure of registry information
- submit a change of address within Leipzig for vehicle registration (not possible for vehicles with registration certificate part 1 only - Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil I)
- register or cancel registration of a dog
- turn in found objects
At Resident Services Offices, you can apply for or request:
- identification cards and ePassports
- police certificates
- information from the central trade register
- housing subsidies
- certificates of eligibility for subsidised housing
- exemption from payment of radio/television broadcasting fees
- new resident bonus for students
Services provided at Resident Services Offices:
- applications for severe disability status
- applications for state disability allowances for the blind
- registration forms for payment of radio/television broadcasting fees
- course listings from the Volkshochschule (adult education centre) along with course registration
- income tax forms from the Tax Office (these forms are NOT available in the offices in Südwest-Zentrum, Gohlis-Center, Stötteritzer Straße and Liebertwolkwitz)
- requests to inspect personal information from records kept by the State Security Service of the former GDR
- a variety of printed information about the Free State of Saxony and the City of Leipzig, as well as other governmental offices and institutions
- information regarding areas of responsibility, contact persons and office hours for Leipzig's municipal government offices, as well as non-municipal departments