Welcome Centre Leipzig
The Welcome Centre Leipzig is a central, low-threshold contact point for residents of Leipzig with a migratory background. It is a 'door opener' to the various services and facilities offered in the city. The Welcome Centre however does not replace already existing special services and information centres.
Who is the audience of the Welcome Centre?
The Welcome Centre Leipzig is a service for citizens with migratory background who recently moved to Leipzig or those who already live in Leipzig for a longer period - irrespective of their residence permit status.
- professionals and their family members
- EU citizens
- third-country nationals
Who advises at Welcome Centre Leipzig?
The staff of the following institutions will be glad to help you during our office hours:
- City of Leipzig, Department of Migration and Integration
- City of Leipzig, Resident Services Office
- Verband binationaler Familien und Partnerschaften e.V., Advisory Services for Migrants (MBE)
- Mosaik Leipzig e.V., Advisory Services for Migrants (MBE)
- Internationaler Bund (IB), Youth Migration Service (JMD)
- Arbeit und Leben Sachsen, e.V.
Moreover, we offer special consultancy by different partners.
Offers of Welcome Centre Leipzig
- orientation and advisory sessions within the offers of the Resident Services Office (also in English)
- initial and reference counselling (multilingual) along with transfer to the responsible offices regarding all questions of everyday life, including entry/residence, language, education, training, housing, family, health, work/job search, social contacts, culture and leisure time
- support for the registration at children's daycare centres via www.meinkitaplatz-leipzig.de
- provision of multilingual information material for specific target groups and topics
Note: There is no counselling via telephone at Welcome Centre Leipzig. The responsible departments and offices provide the long-term guidance of clients.
Do I have to register in advance?
No. You can visit Welcome Centre Leipzig without previous notice.
Is it possible to get written information from the Welcome Centre?
No. The Welcome Centre will solely give verbal information.
Please be aware that written inquiries cannot be answered if they go beyond organizational issues. We will gladly forward your inquiry to the relevant point of contact.
Special offers and events
|07.11.2019||Willkommenszentrum Leipzig||Beratung des Kommunalen Eigenbetriebes Leipzig/Engelsdorf zu Arbeitsmarktdienstleistungen der Stadt Leipzig für Migrant/-innen|
|11.11.2019||Willkommenszentrum Leipzig||Beratung für ausländische Beschäftigte|
|13.11.2019||Willkommenszentrum Leipzig||Workshop für Verbraucher/-innen|
|21.11.2019||Willkommenszentrum Leipzig||Beratung des Kommunalen Eigenbetriebes Leipzig/Engelsdorf zu Arbeitsmarktdienstleistungen der Stadt Leipzig für Migrant/-innen|
|02.12.2019||Willkommenszentrum Leipzig||Beratung zur Ausbildung in der gewerblichen Wirtschaft|