Environmental Information Centre (UiZ) (Umweltinformationszentrum)
The Environmental Information Centre (UiZ) can be found in House A directly next to the foyer. Please use the entrance labelled A.II.
The Environmental Information Centre (UiZ) was founded in the year 1993 as an extension of the Office of Environmental Protection. It has established itself as a centre for ecological consulting, information and communication for Leipzig's residents, visitors and educational institutions. Along with consulting services, a variety of exhibitions and interesting events are presented.
The City of Leipzig Office of Environmental Protection warmly invites you to take full advantage of the diverse opportunities available at the Technical Town Hall to help you become better informed.
Major Categories of Information
- refuse and soil protection
- environmentally friendly consumption
- ecological construction, climate control energy
- health, nutrition, agriculture
- immission control
- landscape protection and nature conservation
- current environmental issues
Ways to Become Better Informed
- consultation on environmental issues
- free brochures, publications and materials
- loaner devices
- seminars, forums, presentations and excursions
- environmental education for families
In December 2001, the support organisation "Leipzig Environmental Information Centre - UiZ" ("Umweltinformationszentrum Leipzig - UiZ e.V.") was founded to support the work of the Environmental Information Centre. The organisation is made up of Leipzig citizens and businesses.