You can find the entire general decree in the download area (in German).
What are good reasons?
Good reasons are in particular:
- prevention of a direct threat to life, physical health or possession
- professional work (this includes travel to and from work)
- travel to and from emergency childcare as per the general decree of 18 March 2020 issued by the SMS concerning day-care centres and schools; and care centres as per the general decree of 20 March 2020; or employer organised childcare
- providing security of supply for the population including pick-ups and deliveries (including voluntary work)
- carrying out of necessary deliveries including post and mail order
- firefighters, rescue workers or emergency workers travelling to their base or site of work
- using medical, psychosocial and veterinary services (e.g. visiting the doctor, medical treatment and necessary consultations as well as donating blood or plasma), as well as visiting healthcare workers as long as this is medically necessary (e.g. psychotherapists and physiotherapists in care homes) or as part of necessary pastoral care
- channels of supply for everyday necessities (supermarkets, wholesale, beverage shop, pet supply shops, pharmacies, drugstores, medical supply stores, opticians, hearing care professionals, banks and ATMs, post offices, petrol stations, car and bicycle workshops, dry cleaners, launderette, newsagents and drop-off points for postal votes)
- attending public office, court, bailiff, lawyer or notary appointments that cannot be delayed
- visiting spouses, long-term partners, people in need of care, ill people or people with disabilities (outside of facilities) and exercising parental custody in private spaces
- accompanying people in need of support and minors
- terminal care and funerals among close family with no more than 15 people in attendance
- outdoor sport and exercise in the vicinity of the home and visiting one's own allotment according to the Federal Law on Allotments, however only alone, with a partner or with people from the same household and not in groups of more than five people
- essential animal care
What to do in the event of a check?
In the event of a check by the authorities assigned to the enforcement of this decree, the person concerned needs to provide credible evidence of the good reasons. Credibility can be shown by producing employer-issued confirmation, business or service ID or employee documents.
What is prohibited?
Visits to the following are prohibited:
- nursing and care homes
- facilities and outpatient homes and communities for people with disabilities covered in the scope of § 2 Sächsisches Betreuungs- und Wohnqualitätsgesetz
- hospitals and prevention and rehabilitation facilities that provide medical care comparable to hospitals (facilities covered by § 23 clause 3 no. 1 und 3 IfSG)
This excludes visits to closest relatives in maternity, children's and palliative care wards, as well as hospices and visits to close relatives for terminal care. The number of visitors is limited to five people at a time. Management of the facilities mentioned above must emphasise the hygiene rules that need to be observed.
Entering the facilities mentioned above for therapeutic or medical purposes or to perform construction work on or inside the building that cannot be delayed is not considered a visit for the purposes of this regulation.
Avoid physical contact
Furthermore, everyone is advised to reduce physical social contact with people who are not members of their household to an absolute minimum. Wherever possible, a minimum distance of 1.5 metres is to be kept between two people.
Penalty of offence
It is explicitly advised that an offence against clauses 1 (leaving the house without a good reason is prohibited) and 3 (visiting certain facilities like nursing homes is prohibited) of this decree is subject to penalty in accordance with § 75 clause 1 no. 1 IfSG.
Additional orders by local authorities
Stricter orders by local health authorities for the containment of the corona pandemic remain unaffected.