Maestro Fabio Mastrangelo, St. Petersburg
Date of Competition
Monday, May 25, 2020
Place of Competition
- Robert Clemen, producer at MDR Klassik, Lions Club Leipzig Saxonia
- Linda Hawken, Managing Director Edition Peters Europe
- Mario Linkies, President, Lions Club Leipzig Saxonia
- Prof. Helmut Loos, President, Grieg-Begegnungsstätte Leipzig e. V.
- Sarah-Maria Mirbach, Assistant to the Managing Director Edition Peters
- Robert Clemen, producer at MDR Klassik, Lions Club Leipzig Saxonia, Leipzig
- Linda Hawken, Managing Director Edition Peters Europe, Leipzig
- Werner Kopfmüller, music journalist and Board Member Grieg-Begegnungsstätte Leipzig e. V., Leipzig
- Oriol Plans-Casal, pianist and music educator, University of Music and Theatre Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Leipzig - Dresden
- Prof. David Timm, Music Director of the University of Leipzig, Leipzig
Prizes per Age Group
1. Prize: 500,00 Euro
2. Prize: 300,00 Euro
3. Prize: 200,00 Euro
1. SP Lions Club: 1.000,00 Euro
2. SP Baker Tilly Stiftung: 500,00 Euro
3. SP C. Bechstein: 300,00 Euro
prize money donated by Gesellschaft der Freunde Lions - Leipzig Saxonia e. V., Baker Tilly Stiftung and C. Bechstein Centrum Leipzig
prizes donated by Edition Peters and Supporters
No participation fee. Travel and accommodation must be covered by each participant individually.
Latest Application Date
February 29, 2020
Please apply by e-mail or mail to:
Lions Club Leipzig - Saxonia
Keyword: Lions-Piano 2020
Gästehaus Leipzig im Musikviertel
Wächterstraße 32, 04107 Leipzig
Deutschland / Germany
Final Feedback to Candidates
All candidates will be informed on the status of their application at the beginning of March 2020.
Prerequisite for Participation
Young pianists between the ages of 10-17 years (inclusive). Applicants must not be currently studying at an institution of higher level, for example music conservatory. Open to all nationalities.
Number of Participants
Maximum 10 participants admitted for each age group
Age group 1: 10 to 13
Age group 2: 14 to 17
Duration of Performance
Age group 1: up to 10 minutes
Age group 2: up to 20 minutes
- One free choice original piece by Edvard Grieg (each participant will receive a small special selected volume of pieces by Grieg, providing suggested repertoire ideas that are not mandatory).
- One free choice original work by a composer from the Classical or Baroque periods. Please note: Individual movements from works are allowed and multiple performance of works by the same composer.
- One free choice piece from any period.
Please download the PDF-document for further information.