Holiday Passport of Leipzig
The Holiday Passport offers a varied programme of different events. More than 200 organizers offer sport activities, parent-child-events, creative and media activities, day trips and guided tours, dancing courses and much more. For those who have a Holiday Passport these offers are free or at reduced prices. The Holiday Passport of Leipzig entitles pupils to use trams and buses of the LVB and MDV free of charge in the city of Leipzig (zone 110) during winter and summer holidays. Furthermore coupons/vouchers for free or price reduced attendance for various activities are included. The Holiday Passport of Leipzig is available for the winter and summer holidays in Saxony.
Who can buy the Passport?
Pupils at elementary/primary, grammar/secondary and special schools. Older pupils (11 and above) need a school identity card.
How much does a Holiday Passport cost?
Price reduced Holiday Passports will only be sold at the Resident Services Offices.
When will the Holiday Passport be sold?
About 2½ weeks before beginning of holidays
Where will the Holiday Passport be sold?
- at all Resident Services Offices (price reduced Passports available only here)
- at libraries
- at LVB points of sale and service points
- at the Office for Youth, Family and Education - Information
- at the zoo
- at the New City Hall - Information for Residents
- at the "KOMM Haus"
- at information office of the "Werk II"
- at many schools...
What the Holiday Passport offers
- Use of public transport in zone 110 (city of Leipzig)
- Visit of the zoo (once respectively)
- Free trip with Park Railway (in summer)
- Visits to museums
- Visit at the professional fire brigade
- Ascent to City Hall Tower (once respectively)
- Visit at the Astronomical Centre of Schkeuditz (once respectively).
- Riding Computer and internet courses
- Creative activities such as Window Colour
- Bowling, tennis, squash, badminton, canoeing, miniature golf, chess, sailing... Cinema
- Theatre day trips e.g. to water parks, amusement parks, sights, the airport
Please note: Most of the events can be visited spontaneously and without registration. Some offers require a binding decision and perhaps registration in advance, e.g. day trips and courses with limited attendance.
These events are marked. For day trips tickets must be purchased in advance.
Valid for all events: Legal recourse is excluded. Programme is subject to change. Participation in all events is at the participants own risk and with parental consent.
Information about Holiday Passport (in German)
City of Leipzig
Office for Youth, Family and Education Stadt Leipzig - Amt für Jugend, Familie und Bildung
Abt. Fachkoordination und -beratung, JHP
Naumburger Str. 26
Telephone: 0341 123-4360 Ms. Gerber
Telephone: 0431 124-3641 Central Information Telephone