The Russian Memorial Church (Russische Gedächtniskirche)
The Russian Memorial Church was erected in 1913 to commemorate the approximately 130,000 Russians who fought for Germany's liberation against Napoleon in the Battle of the Nations in 1813. The church was dedicated on October 18, 1913.
Since then, Leipzig's orthodox religious community has met in the Russian Memorial Church. The congregation lists approximately 300 members of varying nationalities.
10:00am to 5:00pm
Winter (December, January and February)
10:00am to 4:00pm
Closed daily from 1:15pm to 2:00pm.
There is no charge for admission, but donations are requested.